Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Gratitude 8 & 9

I chose sleep over writing last night.  Sometimes you just have to go to bed.

I love my bed.  Well, love is probably too big of an emotion for my bed, but I like it.  And, I have gratitude for my bed.  It's cushy, the sheets are smooth and the comforter keeps me warm.  It's calling my name.

I also have gratitude for my toddler who continues to make me laugh.  Today she asked me why it got cold.  I spoke of autumn, the changing seasons, and the sooner-than-later inevitable snow.  She made such a face of disgust (which was the beginning of funny because why would a toddler not like snow???  Does she truly remember playing in it last winter or is her memory based on photos that pop up on the computer's slideshow of her eating snow in great big bites, snowmen in the front yard, and snow blowing the driveway?)  So I enthusiastically asked her what do we do with snow?  "We EAT it!" she exclaimed; smiling with her eyes sparkling in anticipation of that first taste of the cold stuff.  (Ha.  I knew she liked snow.)   I asked her what else might we do with snow and she replied, "Throw it at people."

That's my girl.

No comments: