Sunday, October 14, 2012

Books

I went to the library looking for a specific book by a specific author on the shelf (and I can't for the life of me remember what book THAT was).  Instead I grabbed two books from that location and read them instead.

One book is called Italian for Beginners by Kristin Harmel.  It's just a silly girl novel.  The main character, Cat Connelly, goes to Rome for an escape from her life in New York City after her younger sister gets married.  Predictably, Cat figures it all out.

The other book is called The Year She Disappeared but Ann Harleman.  This was an excellent book.  It's in the great book category for 2012, in my opinion.  Dark, not too wordy, interesting characters.  The main character disappears with her granddaughter.  I don't want to give away more than the title gives you.  (I get bummed out when someone tells me a bit too much about a book ahead of time and I figure out the ending before it's done.  :-/ )    Read it.

I don't have the book in front of me but I haven't said much about another book I read last month that was pretty good.  It's called Gone Girl or Girl Gone (I can't keep it straight.)  I wouldn't put it on the list for a great book, but it would qualify as a good book.  No details.  I don't want to give anything away.


No comments: