Monday, October 8, 2012

Gratitude 4,5 and 6

I forgot to post for night four.  I couldn't get onto the blog last night and I am just missing Sunday by one minute.  Here we go!

 I will just make a list tonight because there is so much to feel gratitude toward.

The biggest one is my health and the second is community.  We spent the evening at a fundraiser for a friend and her family.  She was diagnosed with 4th stage lung cancer almost two years ago and the strength I have seen the whole family exhibit makes my heart grow.  And the outpouring of support tonight for this fabulous family makes me feel so good inside.

Although my friend's time here with us will be shorter than most of us thought she is living her life bigger and deeper than most.  Maybe that's cliche but I think it's true.  It probably is more often than we realize.  And who knows how much time we really have?  Does this mean I will be more thoughtful of my own time?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  Maybe it's just the extra care for a moment that makes a difference.  

I am grateful for friends.  I am grateful for my body.  

No comments: